About Me

My photo
Well I am a happy fun loving person. Easy to get on with. Love to be kept busy and I have all sorts of interests as you can see by my hobbies.

Saturday 4 June 2011

Before sisterlocks - what's the story

Well we have all been there haven't we.  Hair relaxed at an age when you should be enjoying your natural hair - didn't even understand what a relaxer was but everyone had it. I remember it clearly in Jamaica all my older cousins had their hair relaxed.  Shall we relax yours?  I don't think I even answered just the thought of doing my hair in a different style was exciting - I think I was only fifteen.  Well anyway they went ahead and relaxed my hair and it was lovely I must admit but I had no idea how to take care of it...and of course I wasn't working then so had not money to look after it.  Well when I finally started to work I started to go to hairdressers to get it treated but it never grew well I suppose it did but it not very long I don't remember it being past my chin but that was the beginning.  The beginning of hair growing, hair breaking, hair growing, hair breaking....plait it to make it grow and it does beautifully, then relax it and it breaks beautifullly...on and on....  I did grow out the relaxer once and I had this big head of hair which was lovely but I got bored I didn't know what to do with it. I paited it, weaved it, then got bored what was the use in having this lovely head of hair if I couldn't show it.  So what did I do guess what I relaxed it yeah..and because it looked so nice and thick they relaxed it with a strong relaxer and lo and behold my lovely head of hair was not a flat head of hair what a disappointment.   So the process began again relax it break it, weave it, braid it grow it...and on and on....From the age of 15 until the age of well you don't need to know my age now but many years.  Then I met Naomi....

No comments:

Post a Comment