About Me

My photo
Well I am a happy fun loving person. Easy to get on with. Love to be kept busy and I have all sorts of interests as you can see by my hobbies.

Saturday 16 July 2011

1st retightening


Wow time flies it  will be 7 weeks on Tuesday 19 July since I have had my sisterlocks installed and on Thursday 14 July I had my first retightening yippee.  I must say it needed it well I thought so anyway I had a few at the front that were just completely undone and a few in the middle and to me it look untidy.  But saying that it must be just me who doesn't like a hair out of place as everyone else said it looked good.

The retightening took 3 hours but why didn't someone warn me - it HOT yes I was wiggling in my seat trying not to disturb my consultant thinking it must me my fault cos if I did keep my hand outa my head then there wouldn't have been so much repair work to do.

Liz made me laugh all the things you with you hand in your hair she just knows "wear a bandana when you go to the a gym a cotton one and when you take if off and it is all wet don't run you hand through it saying "its wet""  I had to laugh that is exactly what I do and I must admit I have only worn my bandana once.

I was a bit disappointed though as I thought now I can finally wash my hair but now wait until the next time I was instructed - your hair is soft and the end curly if you wash it it will all unravel.  Ohhhhhhhh I so wanted to have that water running through my hair washing away weeks of sweat yuk...but dirt not gonna kill me and if I remember rightly dem weave heads never got washed for weeks...so a few more weeks aint gonna kill me and plus I don't want to ruin what lovely Liz has done.

Well I feel alive again the hair is look neat and tidy and it is getting thicker growing outwards though not downwards but still a big difference from when I first did it.  Here are some pictures for you to see before and after.....enjoy.

Remember this day of installation...

Before retightening and

below after retightening...


  One day dem pepper grains will be long enough to lock lol...





You know what I like the most the colour.  I dyed it before I had my sisterlocks installed and I thought it didn't show but since I have had my sisterlocks installed the colour really shows up.

Bye for now....

3 comments:

  1. Hi there natural freedom I remember you too, nice blog and lovely pictures I will be watching your progress. happy hair growth Kittylocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me to it! You Joka! did you write up befoe 'pump'? LOL!!!!
    I been in the garrrrrdennn! ;))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful :)
    Plus you made me laugh when you said your hair was growing 'outwards not downwards' - I have a client whose hair does the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete