About Me

My photo
Well I am a happy fun loving person. Easy to get on with. Love to be kept busy and I have all sorts of interests as you can see by my hobbies.

Saturday 6 September 2014

Sisterlocks maintenance

Hello fellow bloggers!

I'm sitting here watching Tele and I felt he urge to write and I couldn't of thought of a better place to start. First of course I checked out my good friend Miz Nai's blog and lo and behold she has written two blogs in August (thought you were suppose to get notification when a fellow blogger updated her post ummm) and that gave me the inspiration to update mine.

At this moment I have nearly 8 weeks of re growth eek!  I have never gone this long and there is a reason a simple reason. I have booked with Liz my consultant for a change so she can have a look at what if any damage I have done. I am a DIYer.  My regular routine is to retighten my locks every 6-7 weeks.  I usually do this over a weekend and in total it takes about 10 hours.  I don't rush it and I must admit initially there is the feeling of urghhhhhhh got to retighten my hair sigh. But once I start I do find it therapeutic and a sense of achievement once I have finished.   I really wanted  Liz to do my hair before I went on hols bit she was busy so I booked for September. I came back from hols the second week in August and if I had Retightened then there wouldn't been enough time in between so hence 8 weeks of regrowth.  By the way it is recommended that you see your consultant at least once a year.

Regrowth.

By the way handsinyourhair has returned. I love feeling the regrowth. But I have to be careful not too much tugging at my hair as there is a lot of regrowth there is a danger of pulling at it too much and actually breaking your locks. I actually hear my hair breaking (don't panic just a little) when I have caught it in my coat, cardigan, necklace! Yes it is at that length when it gets caught in everything my main line is "urghhhh mind my hair" as my hubby or son go to hug me and lean on my locks.  So a
word of warning be gentle when it come near to retightening time.

Holiday and the sun

I mentioned holiday yes I went to the carribean. Nice hot sun. I went with brown hair and came back with blond hair!  Yes the sun changed the brown colour in my hair to blond! I only realised this  when while battling in Ochi market I heard "blond ras" "blond ras". At first I thought somebody was cursing me so I asked him to repeat "blond ras" he said "cos your hair blond". Well that was news to me as  certainly didn't leave Great Britain blond!!   As I said the sun was very hot so this means my hair had to be kept moist.  I achieved this by my daily spritz which contains:

Water, rose water, almond oil, avocado  oil, aloe vera gelly and peppermint essential oil. Sorry measurement wise no idea just a capful of each, 10 drops of peppermint oil and a couple of squirts of aloe jelly (great moisturiser). The main ingredient though was water.

I mixed the above in a bottle and spritz my hair every day. I washed my hair more frequently than I would normally because I was in and out of the pool. I washed my hair with Sonya Hydrate shampoo.   I love this shampoo it smells devine and leaves your hair smelling so fresh.  It's a moisture enriched shampoo with a unique ultra-hydrating formula that nourishes the scalp and invigorates dull-looking hair. Made with aloe vera and royal jelly eliminates dryness which is brilliant for my hair as I colour my hair. Details of where to get both the aloe gelly and the shampoo below.

With the routine above my hair was never dry. So that's a simple but effective routine that I find works for me. Oh of course remember your intake of water!

Both products mentioned above can be brought from:

www.cedwards.flp.com.



First picture was before hols last pictures during hols....

No comments:

Post a Comment