About Me

My photo
Well I am a happy fun loving person. Easy to get on with. Love to be kept busy and I have all sorts of interests as you can see by my hobbies.

Thursday 18 August 2011

Day before 2nd retightening


Thought I would do a little update on my sisterlocks if only to get rid of the last depressing title.


It is now 11 weeks since I have had my sisterlocks installed.  I am due for a 2nd retightening tomorrow and my sisterlocks are a lot better than my 1st retightening.  The reason - I have left them alone and worn my bandana to the gym as instructed by my consultant.  I haven't noticed any slippage this time so that is really good.  The hairline is a bit messy but that's OK.

I am still trying to find someway of styling it but nothing really works.  I tried the headband that's ok but after a while it feels like a clamp around my head screaming to be released from the pressure.  I  have tried little hair clips umm well OK but pointless as my sister pointed out hair clips are to hold something in place and seeing as my hair wasn't out of place what's the point of the hair clip!!!

One thing I do do though, because I think it looks a bit messy when it is due to be retightened, is to twist it.  It comes out all curly and looks a bit longer - I got this tip from one of the many blogs I read.  I like this look it makes me feel like I have just done my hair again.

One thing I am not liking these grey roots at all.  I have read may blogs advising not to colour until your locks have settled ie a year after WHAT my head will be completely grey by then.  Yeah I understand the disadvantages but when people start pointing out my grey hair (which was never on show before) at only 11 weeks can you imagine what I will look like after a year - I will be able to dress up as a black santa claus...So I doubt if I will wait until 1 year - may wait another couple of months but will see after my retightening as them greys don't usually show as much then....

I twisted it the night before...




2 comments:

  1. I know the dilemma of trying to style your hair, especially when you can't stand it being clipped up. Even now, I get headaches when I use a head band or clip up my hair. The good thing is that your hair looks cute just as it is, so you don't really need the hair accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. be really careful about being too fast to colour, it can change your hair texture, and needs vigourous washing to get the dye out, which would unravel my 23 month old locks! Your locks look great, get out to the beauty supply store to see if you can find a hair accesory that suits you better in the time being!

    ReplyDelete