About Me

My photo
Well I am a happy fun loving person. Easy to get on with. Love to be kept busy and I have all sorts of interests as you can see by my hobbies.

Saturday 13 August 2011

Week of Terror

Well what a week hey.  I cannot remember feeling so apprehensive.  How could this have happened.
Watching the events unfold on the tele were horrific so I cannot imagine actually being in the midst of it all it must have been so terrifying.  People lost their homes everything gone why?  Because groups of criminals saw the death of another as an opportunity to loot, wreck and destroy people's lives and livelihoods.

As we all sat there watching the TV in horror I thanked god that my 13 year's arse was planted on the settee watching in amazement at what was going on.  He showed no inclination to go out and join in the rioting because he knows that is not what decent young people do.  Unfortunately that is not thinking of a lot of youths these days.

The most worrying part of this was when I was told the Sony building in Enfield had been set alight.  Oh my god I thought this is getting closer.  What is going to happen next.  I could not sleep not only from worry but from the singing of police sirens, fire engines and helicopters outside.  Where am I a war zone?

Thoughts of supposing they come knocking my door while we are asleep, I have to leave my son at home although old enough how would he manage faced with gangs of angry youths shall I stay at home or just pray to god for peace.  I chose the latter. Fortunately, God answered my prayers and no further event took place the next evening well not in London anyway they moved on elsewhere.

Well we can only pray for our safety and our kids safety nobody knows what is around the corner.  Were we expecting riots, looting, murders, arson - NO we certainly weren't but it happened.

Take care of yourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment